Thursday, March 7, 2013

Uncanny X-Men #2

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler/Colorist: Chris Bachalo
Inkers: Tim Townsend, Jaime Mendoza, Al Vey & Victor Olazara
Lettering: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 27th, 2013

"Poink Is The New Bamf"
 
With a small team in place it is hard to not start to get excited for what is to come with this book. The team is still so fresh and new that it is fun to see them get used to their powers and the world of being a mutant. I am also loving seeing the struggle of the main team members trying to figure out their edited powers. I especially liked the time spent with Emma Frost this issue and her relationship with Scott. For the first time in a while I am not hating Scott completely which is saying something of Bendis' ability to tell a story.

By now the cliffhanger of the last issue is relatively common knowledge and Magneto is our "spy". I am not certain what his game is here or if he is actually trying to do what he thinks is right. His defaulting to help S.H.I.E.L.D. over his fellow mutants is a little surprising and with his past is hard to swallow. I am starting to wonder if the fact that Emma doesn't have her abilities to read minds may be a clue that Magneto may not be Magneto at all. We have seen a lot of Mystique references as of late and it is possible that she is posing. This is, of course, just a random guess for me though and I have no real proof.

I am incredibly excited to see the battle that is on the horizon as of the last pages of this issue. It will be great to see how much control the mutants really have over their powers and if they can stand toe-to-toe with anyone else who still has powers that they have always had. This book is a perfect pairing with All-New X-Men and I can't wait until they overlap in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment