Friday, March 22, 2013

Deadpool #6

Writer: Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan
Aritst: Tony Moore
Colorist: Val Staples
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: March 20th, 2013

"National Maul"
 
I have been teetering on this title now for a few issues and I am still not completely sold. I will admit that I enjoyed this last chapter to the first arc and I definitely laughed on and off. Posehn and Duggan write a pretty damn funny Deadpool and do a nice job making him serious when he needs to be but the story is lacking a little. It just feels slapstick from time to time and lacks a little consistency. What they decided to do with Agent Preston killed it for me and forced me to weigh some heavy odds.

Considering this is the end of the arc and I really need to drop a title I think I may be retiring Deadpool. It is always hard for me to put down a book but this seems to be the one. So, thanks for killing undead presidents Wade, but you also killed my interest in Deadpool. It was a fun ride while it lasted and I hope you keep other readers, this title just wasn't right for me. Sayonara my friend. We laughed, we groaned and we sort of enjoyed our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment