Thursday, March 7, 2013

X-Men Legacy #6

Writer: Simon Spurrier
Penciler: Jorge Molinda
Inkers: Norman Lee & Walden Wong
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 27th, 2013

The battle at the Jean Grey School is in full force. Blindfold's brother, Luca, has possessed the male twin (whose name escapes me) and is ready to murder Blindfold. David is quick to put himself in the school by tapping his powers to stop him and a great exchange ensues. I can't get over how much fun it is to see David tap his own brain for each of his different personalities so that he is able to stand toe-to-toe with his enemies.

The whole fight with Luca is interesting and it also proves interesting that Luca is unable to predict David's movements even though that seems to be his mutant ability. I am sure this will come up more in the future and have a gut feeling that it means that there is no way to actually figure out what David is ever capable of.

It is a little shocking how Luca's host is taken out by the end which I don't want to ruin but it fits nicely into the plot. The issue ends with David burning potential bridges again and walking away from the school after Wolverine realizes that David did everything for the better good which put a nice bow on the end of Spurrier's first arc of X-Men Legacy. There is a twist at the end that I am a little uncertain about but Spurrier has yet to let me down so I will wait impatiently for the next issue to hit my pull list.

No comments:

Post a Comment