Friday, March 8, 2013

Cable and X-Force #5

Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Artist: Salvador Larroca
Colorist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 6th, 2013

I guess this issue would be considered the relaxation issue. The first mission of this X-Force team is completed and they all need to decide what to do next with their lives. There is a little bit of a potential relationship brewing between Colossus and Domino and Cable is continuing to piss off his daughter Hope. There are a few fun moments in this issue but not too much that was overly serious till toward the end.

Cable has another vision and he knows that he has a mission in space waiting for him. He collects the team (minus Colossus) and asks if they are willing to join him, which they are with minimal persuasion. It all felt very convenient but it did make sense. I do like that Colossus is struggling with the choices of the last mission and is trying to do what is right.

This is definitely feeling like the weakest X-book to me right now. I am not sure when or if I will ever gain a true connection with the team. If I don't start getting excited about it soon I will probably drop it to lessen my monthly pulls but for now I suppose I will stick with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment