Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hawkeye #8

Writer: Matt Fraction
Penciler: David Aja
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 27th. 2013

I love that Clint Barton is just a normal human that hangs out with superheroes. I think that is the major draw to this title. It doesn't feel like any of the other hero books that I read and that is something fresh. I have discussed in the podcast that this book always sits at the bottom of my pull list because it tends to be the best and a great way to finish a week of solid books.

Clint just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble. He is failing as a ladies' man due to the fact that women seem to overlap. For the first time Jessica Drew appears in the book and "sort of" explains her lack of appearance thus far in the title. By that I mean there is an uncertainty with their relationship, at least on Clint's side.

Outside of a brief appearance of Jessica, Clint is dealing with a past hook-up from an earlier issue, the girl he refers to as Cherry, who just seems to keep getting him deeper and deeper into trouble. By the end of this he has Kingpin out to get him and it promises for something good in the future. 

As always I can't put this title down and am beyond happy that Matt Fraction is still slaving away behind this title. Eight issues in and it has yet to let me down. I think I say this every month but if you are not reading this you really need to start.

I also have to mention Aja's work in this book. It is so perfect for the overall tone of the story that I don't know if it would feel the same without it. Bravo you two...you have kept me happy for eight issues and hopefully many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment