Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #26

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ramon Perez
Colorist: Laura Martin
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: March 13th, 2013

"Savage Learning Part 2 of 4: A Boy Named Dog"
 
I spent a little time in the last issue of this book confused. I didn't read Origin so I wasn't overly familiar with the fact that there was another Logan. This issue gave me the back story I greatly needed and answered the big question of why Dog was hunting down Wolverine.

The majority of this issue is Dog's story. We see him being raised poorly by his father and easily tossed away. He always feels less than his brother, James, and is always seeming to want to prove himself. While hunting for James, he stumbles across an item that lets him travel through time and he claims that Wolverine is bad for the future and that he will ultimately cause the death of his students. That is the reason he is there and the reason he is trying to dispose of his brother.

I am a little iffy on the story, especially based on the last page spread of robots, cowboys and cavemen. I trust Aaron's writing because I have enjoyed this book thus far but some of these choices make me nervous. There are two more issues to this arc and I really hope that I get a little more invested. I have a bright outlook though, the Hellfire Club story arc is promised to start soon and that will be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment