Saturday, November 17, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #697

Writers: Dan Slott & Christos Gage
Pencis: Camuncoli
Inks: Green and Dell
Colors: Fabela
Letterer: Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 14th, 2012

"Danger Zone Part Three: War of the Goblins"

Slott and Gage really know how to tell a story. I know I am a giant Spider-Man fan to begin with but this last arc has been great. You get Hobgolbins, you get Peter Parker with webshooters running around with his boss Max Modell trying to find Osborn's secret Green Goblin cache of goodies. While all of this is happening, the Kingpin has spider-scramblers set up around town to mess with Spidey's Spider-Senses making them super sensitive. THAT is a lot of stuff going on.
I love how in this issue Peter is trying so hard to pretend he is not Spidey to Max while I believe the man has known for a while that he is truly Spidey. Peter even references when Doc Ock yanked his mask off while in High School which he was able to play off as if he wasn't Spidey (I read that issue #12 only two months ago!). I also love the fact that all of Spidey's training with Shang-Chi comes into play which leads to a beautiful panel of him looking badass on a Goblin Glider (See Twitter for panel).

Without ruining the outcome of this issue or dropping the little cliffhanger from the end I have to say that this is a MUST READ if you are interested in what will happen to Peter in issue #700. Dan Slott and Christos Gage have my complete attention for the next four issues (there is a .1 in there) and I am beyond excited for what is to come. Do not miss these last couple issues...seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment