Friday, November 9, 2012

Avengers #33

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils: Terry Dodson
Inks: Rachel Dodson
Colors: Jason Keith
Letters: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 07, 2012

"End Times: Part 2"

So by now, if you are reading this title and care, you should know that Janet Van Dyne was the mysterious woman trapped within the Microverse. I had to spill the beans simply because she is a focal point in this "End Times" arc and it may get a little difficult to say a lot without dropping her name.
So, if you remember, Hank Pym, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor entered the Microverse to go after a distress signal that they received and found Janet there. Of course Janet was trying to get home but it seems she made enemies in the process. Specifically, she seems to have pissed off a guy named Lord Gouzar who is in control of wherever they are in the Microverse. He is definitely not happy she is running around and does a pretty decent job beating the heroes into the ground.

One of the most interesting parts, to me, was that the Pym Particles don't work quite right in the Microverse. I hope they visit this a bit more in the next (and final) issue of this arc. To quickly sum up this book, Janet is fun to have around, Iron Man is a badass and Thor...well his hammer can do a lot of damage. I guess I should mention the Lord Gouzar seems to have a bit of umph to him as well.

In all reality, I enjoyed this issue A LOT more than the previous entry. I am looking forward to seeing how The Avengers are going to get out of the Microverse and how exactly it is going to transition into the Marvel NOW! issue #1 that is coming. It is hard to believe that I was not into any Avengers titles and now I am reading most of them. Oh well, I am never mad about finding more good comics to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment