Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #17

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Pepe Larraz
Colorist: Justin Ponsor
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 21st, 2012

This comic really makes me want to read the rest of the Ultimate Universe. I am so lost as to what is going on with the "United We Stand" story arc other than the U.S. is going to crap and Hydra is taking advantage of it...or caused it? I don't know, but the Ultimates want to stop it. Even without complete knowledge of the arc I am still able to enjoy what Bendis is doing with Spidey.

Even though Miles is a part of the Ultimates, he is still having problems getting the support from everyone in the team. Notably, he is having issues getting the go order from Spider-Woman due to...well being a clone of Peter and probably not wanting another kid to get killed.

The fight against Hydra is amazing. I love the way that Bendis portrays Miles' fighting style as almost accidentally awesome. He doesn't have complete control over everything yet but still is successful on the field. Regardless of his talent, he is still very green and it shows in the end with him stuck alone in a field due to his own mistakes.

Every issue I love this book more and more. I am so glad that I gave it a chance even though Peter was no longer Spider-Man. I think that is also why I am staying so positive when it comes to Superior Spider-Man. I know that a Spidey book can be great, even without Peter in the lead. I am just happy that we are finally out of the "United We Stand" arc and are moving onto a Venom arc...gotta love Spidey.

No comments:

Post a Comment