Friday, November 9, 2012

Deadpool #1

Writers: Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn
Art: Tony Moore
Colors: Val Staples
Letters: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: November 07, 2012

"In Wade We Trust"

Oh boy...comedians writing Deadpool. I should have known that insanity would soon follow, and it did. Some crazy guy decided that America's government was going down the pooper so he decides to bring the great leaders of America back from the dead. That's right, there are basically ghostly zombie versions of George Washington, Harry Truman, Ab Lincoln and the rest of those guys that we respect as a country that are NOT happy with the way things are going and have decided to start things over...by destroying what is already here.
S.H.I.E.L.D. has decided that if they or any of their superheroes do the deed of destroying these great men they will be shunned and never trusted again. So they decide to find someone that is not connected to them and doesn't really care about anything other than money to do the job for them; enter Deadpool.

There are so many puns, so many great jokes and a good amount of action in this book that it is impossible not to like. I argued with myself about buying this title because I have never invested in a Deadpool book and am already reading so much but I do not regret my decision. I laughed out loud multiple times. If you want a book that is meant to be funny and actually is, buy this. So far, this has been my favorite Marvel NOW! title, which is sad to say. Uncanny Avengers better pick up the pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment