Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hawkeye #4

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: Javier Pulido
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: November 21st, 2012

"The Tape Part 1 of 2"

Fraction is writing such a solid book here that it is hard to wait for the monthly release. Now, he is deciding to make multi-parters? That is so unfair. Anyhow, "The Tape" is focusing on a tape showing Clint assassinating a wanted criminal that breaks all sorts of protocol and could get many people, namely S.H.I.E.L.D. into trouble. He is sent off to Madripoor to win the tape from an auction but of course it doesn't go well.

I have to mention that I am loving the amount that Wilson Fisk is showing up. I am assuming that it is foreshadowing a great arc in the near future between he and Clint. I am also loving the play between the two Hawkeye characters. Kate Bishop is so unwilling to take no for an answer and will do anything to help Clint out. Their relationship is strange though and I am not certain what is going on with them. I am also confused if this Clint is a different one than the one in the current Avengers run due to the fact there has been no mention of Jessica.

Other than that one grief, this comic is still amazing. I am excited to see what part 2 has in store for me. I am still really digging the art of this book as well, I think its clean cut almost vintage looking style fits really well with the story telling. I have said this before and I will continue to say it; if you are not reading this book, you need to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment