Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekly pulls for 10/31/12

So it seems that Saturday morning is the time for posts these days. I am not sure what happened in my personal life but man have I gotten busy. Matter of fact, I will be lucky if I can actually get all of my posts up today at all and for that I apologize. I also took some time this week to re-read the whole Avengers vs X-Men event...including tie-ins. I guess it took about a week and a half but still, that is a lot of reading. I want to tell everyone that my reading order seems to stand strong. There was only one issue I was a little iffy about but it really seems to fit best where I put it.

In other news, it seems that Marvel NOW! is jumping off with a few issues and so far I am still very meh about the titles. I am hoping after I get a little further into them they will get better. Also, I saw an announcement yesterday for ANOTHER "Uncanny" title...which everyone is guessing is ANOTHER rehash of Uncanny X-Men written by Brian Michael Bendis. I have to say I am not surprised but my excitement for that title is waning. I am not even sure if I have enough space on my pull list for it when it hits in February and that is of course if it is even Uncanny X-Men and isn't something insane like Uncanny New Mutants....

Other things to note, I am back to reading my complete run of Amazing Spider-Man but just finished issue 98 last night so don't expect a review until later in the week after I have read issue 100. I need to space those babies out so I don't have too many posts every week, I can't keep up!

I suppose I should get to the main purpose of this post, the pull list of the week:

A+X #1 (This is the meh Marvel NOW! title)
AvX: Consequences #4 (Getting better)
Avenging Spider-Man Annual #1 (The Thing!)
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #16.1 (Here come the .1 issues)
Wolverine and the X-Men#19 (Marvel NOW! title...still good)
X-Men Legacy #275 (Final issue...until next month...where there is a new #1...oye)

Not a bad pull list but as I have said before, I am glad October is over. There were so many one-shots, endings to mini-series, beginnings of mini-series, .1s, annuals and anything else you could imagine to take my normal pull list to nearly double status. I am hoping that November will be better to me with titles ending, AvX being over which will allow me to start dropping some titles if I feel fit and will also allow me to wet my feet in some new things. My reviews of these comics will follow but until then my friends, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment