Sunday, November 4, 2012

AvX: Consequences #4

Script: Kieron Gillen
Pencils: Mark Brooks
Inks: Mark Brooks & Andrew Hennessy
Colors: Jim Charalampidis
Letters: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 31st, 2012

These final issues of AvX are dwindling down and I have to admit that this post-event issue was pretty decent. Granted, I am not saying it is the best comic I have ever read or that this couldn't have been easily combined with last week's issue; but I am saying that it was worth the read ESPECIALLY if you intend to continue reading mutant books heading into Marvel NOW!

You see Ms. Brand talking to Magneto, showing that the outlaws have an inside person at the Avengers. There is an interaction between Hope and Namor that shows that he wasn't super happy with what happened to him when he was a member of the Phoenix Five. Colossus...well I am worried about him. I normally love him but it seems the Phoenix Five and Magik really broke him. He wants nothing to do with anyone and just seems more angry than ever.

The big part is what is happening with Magneto and Magik. I mentioned in my review of the last issue that Cyclops was communicating with someone with something dumped on the floor of his cell. With a re-read of issue #3 and one of my friends pointing it out, the substance was metal shavings and it become obvious the people (not person) he was talking to were Magneto and Magik. It looks as if there may be some new super-villains appearing in the Marvel Universe...well not new...but...you know.

As I said, this issue was the best of the bunch so far and I am actually looking forward to the final issue, #5, this week. It is good to see the event come to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment