Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Avengers #33

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Michael Avon Oeming
Colors: Rain Beredo
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 14th, 2012

"End Times Part 3"

I am standing by my original meh feeling about this arc. The fact that I don't care too heavily for the mystic world of Doctor Strange isn't helping much but at least this issue had some moments that made me smile. 
At the end of the last issue we saw S.H.I.E.L.D. pointing guns at the Avengers while people were being possessed. After a shot to the head, Maria Hill notices that the Avengers are in fact possessed...or at least one of them at a time, and is willing to help them. But she had already contacted the main Avengers team to come and help..which gave more powerful people to be possessed. That was the part I was meh about.

The fun part about this issue was the fight in the courtyard between Avengers. It is nearly impossible to track which person is possessed because he can bounce around so they all just beat the crap out of one another. This leads to news coverage that Luke Cage sees after running away with his wife and he decides to return to the battle (money on he is what saves everyone in the next issue). 

The issue ends with Doctor Strange calling the demon out for a duel to the death. It seems the next issue will be dealing with that. In all reality, this issue isn't terrible. I think the comics I was reading around it were just so good that it was lost on me a little bit. Give it a shot yourself and let me know what you think, but as of now,  I am close to dropping this title (even though I know there is a new creative team starting soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment