Friday, November 9, 2012

AvX: Consequences #5

Script: Kieron Gillen
Art: Gabriel Hernandez Walta
Colors: Jim Charalampidis
Letters: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: November 07, 2012


Shhhhhhh. Do you hear that? That is the door closing on an event that Marvel milked to its fullest extent. That said, this issue was by far the best out of the group even if the art was a little odd for my taste.

Now,  I am not saying that his issue wasn't predictable, because it was. I am just saying that it is a decent place to close a door and open a new one to the X-Men titles of the future. It was announced recently that Uncanny X-Men will be starting again in February with Scott Summer, Magneto, Magik and Emma Frost as the team. I am interested to see where it goes especially since it will pair with All-New X-Men that is starting this month.

Obviously, this issue and series is just setting up the world of Marvel NOW! and I am glad that AvX is finally over. Not only was it a lot to read and purchase, but I was getting tired of updating my reading order which is now complete. Regardless of all of that, if you have invested the time and money that I have into this event, you should pick up this final issue. It shows where a lot of the key players ended up and will show you where the new X-books are going to be headed. Let's just hope that the direction they are headed are as exciting as they seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment