Friday, August 17, 2012

Avengers Academy #35

Writer: Christos Gage
Artist: Andrea Di Vito
Colorist: Chris Sotomayor
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 15th, 2012

Final Exam Part 2

I should have known that with Christos Gage writing this series that it was going to get better after the first issue, not that the first issue was even bad but I am starting to feel for the characters. It is hard to not feel for Hazmat and her boyfriend Mettle wanting to be normal so that they can be with each other and how willing they are to lose that just so they can save their friends.

I still really wish I had more backstory on these characters and may try to find a way to read the first 30ish issues so that I can understand who exactly Jeremy Briggs is to these heroes. I'm still a little iffy on some of the super powered people that are with Jeremy but they definitely serve their purpose in this issue. I am also starting to get concerned with what will happen with X-23...so that is a sign of a good story.

Anyhow, I feel like I am just rambling this week...but this issue of Avengers Academy was quite good and worth an 8/10. I am looking forward to part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment