Friday, August 10, 2012

Venom #22

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Declan Shalvey
Colorist: Lee Loughridge
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 8th, 2012

Father's Day

OH NO! This is Remender's last issue of Venom! I hope it can keep the pace and that Flash is written as well from here on. This arc with Crime-Master and Jack-o-Lantern has been amazing and I hate to see it come to a close. We have learned so much about Flash and how he is using the Venom costume. I am not sure who is taking over, but they have big shoes to fill.
Anyhow, this issue did not disappoint. It is a nice mix of Flash having memories of how his father treated him as a child to reflect how Flash may have anger issues or why he turned out the way he did. He notes that Jack made sure to escalate his plans to end on Father's Day so that Flash would have to deal with the demons within that are his father. 

I don't want to say what exactly Jack does, but man, his is sick. He really knows how to push Flash's buttons and seems to want to get himself killed if he is unable to kill Flash. The issue builds to a clean conclusion of the arc leaving us with Flash back with the Avengers, giving them the option to cut him from the team for his reckless behavior as of late.

Man, I love this comic. I am so excited to see Flash and Kaine take on Carnage here in about a month and a half.

For the clean ending, the great and dark artwork and a farewell to Remender I give Venom #22 a 10/10 and it is my pick of the week. As I said last time, if you haven't given this or Scarlet Spider a shot, you really should.

No comments:

Post a Comment