Friday, August 17, 2012

Avengers vs X-Men Round 10

Story: Jason Aaron, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and Jonathan Hickman
Script: Ed Brubaker
Pencils: Adam Kubert
Inks: John Dell
Colors: Laura Martin w/ Larry Molinar
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 15th, 2012

This is starting to get serious! We are down to the last two members of the Phoenix Five, Cyclops and Emma Frost. Cyclops has started his battle with the Avengers and Hope while for the first time in the series Hope has started to fight back.

On top of this, we are starting to see Professor Xavier with members of the Avengers with the steaming bodies of the recently downed Colossus and Magik. There is notably some elevation and some questions as to what Scott Summers has in store for Emma Frost and Hope. I am really starting to wonder if my original premonition that Scott was going to die during this series is really going to happen. It seems to be the way that the series is headed...Cyclops MUST go down.

I do have to note that I am pumped to see what is going to happen with Hope as well. We are starting to see her power fluctuate and it is definitely something to look forward to. I am so happy that this series is not becoming lack-luster and is surpassing my original expectations. You never know if a cross-over is going to be good or not until the end.

Regardless, I give Round 10 a 9/10...not quite as good as the last issue but I am beyond happy with what the pages contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment