Friday, August 10, 2012

X-Men Legacy #271

Writer: Christos Gage
Penciler: Rafa Sandoval
Inker: Jordi Tarragona
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: VC's Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 8th, 2012

Magik dropped Rogue right out of the AvX tie-ins! I wish I was kidding, but since Rogue is now trapped in another dimension...er...planet...er...place? Wherever she is, she is no longer part of the bigger battle. She does reference to the Aliens...er....things? that her people are fighting a war but she is willing to help them in their war.

That's right, Rogue was dropped from her Universe where mutants were slapping around superheroes to a world where sort of cat looking creatures are fighting bug looking things. Luckily for Rogue, she still has some of Ms. Marvel's powers and she can defend herself. Of course Rogue is limited in this and is concerned that the time limit on her powers will leave her before she can really help these people.

I didn't mind this issue because I have grown to really like Rogue over the past couple months and there is even a funny moment in it where the cat people offer their bodies to her for some help. Gage is a clean and wonderful to read writer and is keeping me engaged with the story even though it is a little weird and no longer part of the bigger picture.

I give X-Men Legacy #271 a 7/10 simply because I expect amazing stuff that I can't put down from this comic and it just didn't provide that to me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment