Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gambit #2

Writer: James Asmus
Penciler: Clay Mann
Inker: Seth Mann
Colorer: Rachel Rosenberg
Letterer: VC's Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 29th, 2012

"Can't Shake You Loose"


Gambit is really back to his roots of being a thief in this series and I am liking it. It is nice to see Gambit out of his more recent element of being with the X-Men and being up to no good like back in the 90's.

At this point Remy has picked up some kind of alien starfish thing in his chest that he is having some major issues getting rid of. His whole mission in this issue is to get it out of him or at least figure out what it is and if there is a way to remove it. Of course this is proving to be a much harder undertaking than he originally thought it would be and is slowly becoming a full-blown thief again, which was not his point.

Remy is really starting to develop as a character in this series and has formed a strong personality that I am enjoying. He is quick-witted and is showing levels of being sloppy from his years as an X-Man instead of a thief. There are some good one-liner jokes and plenty of colorful pages to draw a reader's attention. I am really excited to see where this story takes us and if Gambit starts to become one of my favorite characters again as he was in the 90's which I think most kids that watched the X-Men television show in the 90's felt a similar way.

As I said before, this issue kept my attention from the get-go and Remy is a strong character. I have added this to my pull-list and am glad to know I have another issue headed my way in two week. I give this an 8/10...good reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment