Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #2

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Dalibor Talajic
Colorist: Lee Loughridge
Letterer: VC's Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 08, 2012

Okay everyone, I picked this sucker up last night from a shop that is not my normal place. I forgot how awkward some comic shop owners can be....made it a little uncomfortable to buy it BUT it was worth it.

It is no surprise that this comic focused on Deadpool killing Marvel heroes and villains. This week actually focused on the Avengers going down as quickly as possible. It is sort of ridiculous how easy it is for Deadpool to kill these folks but it is hard to not enjoy. I am starting to feel like these comics are like bad reality television. No matter how ridiculous it gets, no matter how much the story is lacking something, it is hard to stop staring at.

I did really enjoy the way Deadpool took care of the harder to kill Avengers (Luke Cage and Thor) as well as his simple gunplay with Spider-Man...I am having a hard time not enjoying this more serious and focused version of Deadpool. It is almost a shame there are only going to be four issues.

I am definitely excited to see how the cliffhanger plays out in today's issue. If you want a fun, not overly story driven murderfest, grab a copy of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe IF you can find a copy...

I give issue #2 a 7/10...great art, crazy Deadpool, fun deaths...weak story....

On another note, my pull list and reviews for the comics I will be picking up tonight should follow as late as Saturday as well as the updated AvX reading order! Have a happy Comic Book day!

No comments:

Post a Comment