Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hawkeye #1

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: David Aja
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 01, 2012

I have to start off by saying that I have never been a huge Hawkeye fan and I really didn't know what to expect from this comic. I mean seriously, how far can you go with a guy that is just really good at shooting arrows? But I took a deep breath, picked it up and prayed that I didn't fall asleep in the middle of the issue.

After saying all of that I have to admit that his was my favorite comic of the week. The fact that Fraction is humanizing Clint Barton so much and focusing on the fact that he is an Avenger and doesn't have any powers is great. There were no giant super villain fights in this issue, there was no great over-bearing evil, there was just a guy who wanted to be able to eat dinner on the roof of his apartment with his neighbors and feel at home. There is a guy who cares so much about a dog that doesn't even belong to him that he drags its mostly dead body to a vet and fights off the previous owner while surgery happens.

If it is at all possible that Fraction can continue his work on Clint Barton at the level he did this month, I will read Hawkeye first every week it comes out with a giant smile on my face. If you can find an issue of this and have always been on the fence about this hero, this may be the chance for you to get to know him. I easily give this issue a 10/10 and hope that everyone reads it....

Let's hope Gambit's #1 is close to as good next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment