Friday, August 10, 2012

The Sensational Spider-Man #33.1

Writer: Tom DeFalco
Pencils: Carlo Barberi
Inks: Walden Wong
Colors: Antonio Fabela
Letters: VC's Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 8th, 2012

Monsters! Part One
 
YAY a .1 issue! Kidding...really. This isn't a true .1, this is another one of the 50th anniversary one-shot style comic arcs. So, let's just ignore the numbering for now, shall we?

I, of course a major Spider-Man fan, have enjoyed these one-shots. It is cool to see Spidey outside of his main arc doing what he does best; helping people. This begins with him fighting Vulture (who looks a lot different than I remember) and ultimately stumbles on a human trafficking ring that he and Carlie Cooper are trying to break. It isn't clear if Carlie knows Peter is Spider-Man...I am fairly certain she doesn't...

Anyhow, it is interesting to see a very detective-like issue filled with random fights with Spider-Man and thugs as well as the Vulture. I am not certain where this is going though and am not sure if it is going to connect to Scarlet Spider's human trafficking ring that we learned about way back in issue one of that title. Regardless, I will be picking up the next issue (I assume it is 33.2?) next week.

I give Spidey a good 8/10. The comic was good but I am not sure where in the Spider-Man timeline it falls...

No comments:

Post a Comment