Saturday, August 25, 2012

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #4

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Dalibor Talajic
Colorist: Lee Loughridge
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 22nd, 2012

As this is the final issue of this series, it takes us back to the original question of "What if Deadpool killed the Marvel Universe?" because that is what this comic was all about. There were many moments of interesting kills, extra gore to make parents uncomfortable that their kids wanted to read a comic with a parental advisory and a decent fight with Taskmaster to end it all.

Deadpool, much as the title would lead you to believe, has been quite successful in killing off the Marvel Universe. The only person left to stand in his way by the halfway point of this issue is Taskmaster. If you had been reading the series up to this point, this fight was inevitable and was actually done quite well. It is so cool to see Deadpool's vast knowledge of everyone that he sets out to kill and how he uses it to his advantage. That bit of information is definitely not lacking in his fight with Taskmaster.

As always, I don't want to ruin the ending but there will be a moment of wondering how exactly Bunn is going to draw this series to a close. I have to admit, I rolled my eyes a bit on the last couple pages but it was a fitting end to a Deadpool series.

I actually liked this series as a whole. I was iffy at the start of it, but it grew on me. I am however, happy to see it over because it had nowhere else to go. It seems that the four issue run was the right length. I give this issue an 8/10 as well as the whole series. If you can find all four issues, it is definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment