Saturday, October 13, 2012

Avenging Spider-Man #13

Writer: Kevin Shinick
Art: Aaron Kuder
Color Art: Matt Hollingsworth
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 10th, 2012


Naughty naughty Hypno-Hustler. Brainwashing Spidey with the help of Deadpool to break out of prison. That was really a bad choice for you. Do you know what else is a bad choice? Trying to get into Deadpool's mind without expecting bad results.

Just like last month's issue I really enjoyed reading this. Seeing inside of the craziness that is Peter Parker's mind is crazy...what is more crazy is seeing inside of Wade's mind. Wow... I found each incredibly well drawn page forcing me to smile. There is specifically a wonderful page that was "Censored by the man!" that made me chuckle. Granted, the ending was fairly obvious but it was still a lot of fun to read.

I am beyond happy I didn't drop this title when I started questioning it. These past two months have brought me joy and a lot of craziness which is great considering how serious everything else I am reading has become. I am fighting my urge to purchase the new Deadpool comic that is coming with Marvel NOW! due to these issues specifically. I know a lot of people badmouth the recent handling of Deadpool because he has become too slapstick, but I really enjoy it.

If you are looking for some colorful art, some laughs and a strong self-contained story pick up Avenging Spider-Man #12-13. You wont regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment