Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weekly Pulls 10/03/2012

Another week, another haul. It is incredible to think that six months ago I wasn't even reading comics and now I average five+ books a week.... Honestly, I am sad that I have been away from this artform for so long and it is hard to not dive in further. There are a ton of books coming in the near future that I am excited for and some that I just can't seem to convince myself to purchase.

Firstly, I have had a reader or two of this blog telling me to pick up the new Captain Marvel comic...I want to...I do. It is just so hard to convince myself to read a book about a character I am not super attached to while I am reading so much more! I am also debating picking up Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force comics that are right around the corner...I want them but that will make my pull list immense and hard to persuade myself that it is necessary. I was also shamed this week when I spoke to my comic guy and told him I hadn't read any of Remender's run of Uncanny X-Force...it seems that it may be on my backlog once I finish ALL of Amazing Spider-Man....oye.

As for this week...It is crazy to think that all six of the books I picked up this week were either conclusions to series, one-shots or soon to be cancelled titles. I guess once all of that happens it will give me a chance to re-evaluate my comic pulls...that wont be until December though.

Now, as for my lovely pulls of the week:

Amazing Spider-Man #695 (Will be cancelled at #700)
Avengers Academy #38 (Will be cancelled at #39)
Avengers vs X-Men Round 12 (Final Round)
Avengers vs X-Men Versus #6 (Final issue)
Minimum Carnage Alpha #1 (One-Shot)
Uncanny X-Men #19 (Will be cancelled at #20)

I am sad to see these titles coming to their end but am also happy at the prospect of starting to read some new stuff. Maybe this time around I will read less Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man (this is very doubtful). Until my reviews, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment