Monday, October 1, 2012

Gambit #3

Writer: James Asmus
Pencils: Clay Mann w/ Leonard Kirk
Inks: Seth Mann w/ Leonard Kirk
Colors: Rachelle Rosenberg
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 26th, 2012

I have to admit that his series is surprising my so far. I wasn't sure how to feel about a new Gambit series considering the last one wasn't great...but as of now, Asmus has my attention. I started off not knowing how I felt about the pacing...it started slow and even though the first two issues had some good action not a lot of actual progression was going on and I was starting to think that Remy was going to have the weird alien artifact buried into him for a good ten issues or more.

I am no longer upset about the pacing...I think it is giving the readers a chance to learn more about Remy and his new companion as well as how different this story may step out of the norm. The action sequences grab the reader's attention and makes you want to see how it plays out. Not only is this series growing on me, it is starting to become a comic I am really looking forward to each month.

I am a little shakey on the ending of this issue with the fantasy direction the series may be heading but I have complete confidence in Asmus' story telling and am excited to see what is to come. I give this issue a strong 8/10 and am excited to see where it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment