Monday, October 1, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #694

Writer: Dan Slott
Pencils: Humberto Ramos
Inks: Victor Olazaba
Colors: Edgar Delgado
Letterer: VC's Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 26th, 2012

"Alpha Part 3: Final Grade"

After Peter's call out at the end of last issue it was interesting to see what he would do to make there be "No more Alpha." Well, it became very obvious why he felt that this would be a necessity by the end of this series, Alpha is way too powerful for his own good.

After the immense growth of Alpha's strength (he can use moer than one power at a time) Peter knows it is time to shut him down. He has no respect for anything and simply wants the popularity. There is truly nothing more frightening than a hero that doesn't care what his attacks does to the city around him.

One of my friends recently told me that he thought Alpha was going to be a major player in Marvel NOW! and I was not on board. I understand why they introduced Alpha and I know that he has the potential to come back even after the events of this issue. I just hope that if Alpha does come back, he is more in control of his power and able to contain himself when he needs to.

Even though I was not a major fan of Alpha as a character (person), I really enjoyed this arc. It reminds the reader how much Peter cares about his decisions and how much he wants everyone to be alive. He will do any and everything for peace to exist and will even put himself on the line if it means he can save others.

Lastly, the teaser at the end with Kingsly....wow...I am excited for the next issue. I give this issue a solid 9/10 and am so sad to see this title coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment