Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #16

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Pepe Larraz
Colorist: Justin Ponsor
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 17th, 2012

I look back to a few months ago and think about how I was so apprehensive to Miles Morales being Spider-Man. This also brings up the whole Superior Spider-Man debate about Spidey no longer being Peter Parker in the normal universe. With how well Morales is doing here and the fact that my original concerns are gone, I have faith in that comic because I love this one.

This is a continuation of the "United We Stand" story that is going on in the Ultimate Universe which I am still very not versed in considering this is the only Ultimate title I am reading. Regardless, the U.S. is in all kinds of turmoil and of course the Ultimates are trying to iron things out. With so much bad going on, Miles' school is closed and he is having the first true chance to just be Spider-Man. With this he has decided to try to join the Ultimates.

There is an incredible fight on the roof of the Triskelion between S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra which Miles and Captain America are in the middle of. Miles once again proves himself as a hero and does some crazy stuff. He even gets a chance to be part of the Hulkbuster squad.

It is amazing to see Miles learn how to use his recently acquired web-shooters and he impresses Cap quickly. It seems we may finally have a Spider-Man as part of the Ultimates.

Oh, did I mention that Captain America is now the president of the United States? Freggin crazy right? I am truly enjoying this comic...Bendis really knows how to write some Ultimate Spider-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment