Monday, October 1, 2012

Secret Avengers #31

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Scalera
Color: Matthew Wilson
Letterer: VC's Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 26th, 2012

"Into the Void"

The power of the Abyss has taken over the Masters of Evil as well as a portion of the Avengers and that is no good. With the team of Ant Man and Venom, the remaining Secret Avengers are trying to infiltrate the Masters of Evil and get their friends back while stopping the power of the Abyss. This is of course a lot harder than anyone could hope.

Venom and Ant Man are working really well together and it is nice to see some exchanges between these two. My initial iffy feelings toward this arc is starting to wan as it tends to when Remender takes the reigns of anything I am reading. I am actually quite excited to see how it plays out and with Valkyrie waiting to battle the two heroes, the next issue is promising to pack a wallop.

I don't have too much else to add to this without sharing too much of the story but it is definitely worth the read if you like Venom or Ant Man. I am starting to have a problem giving numeric values to comics and I feel like this is probably the last week I will do that other than a read it or don't type concept...but this is a 7/10. Give it a read folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment