Saturday, October 20, 2012

Venom #26

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Declan Shalvey
Color: Lee Loughridge
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: October 17th, 2012

"Minimum Carnage Part 3: The Madman & The Microverse"

Oh Carnage...you are so evil....I love it. FINALLY we are getting the completely vicious, work with no one, Carnage that I was looking for in this series. Of course he is going to kill...he is going to try to kill EVERYONE. That is what Carnage is. He just likes blood, period.
I continue to love Flash Thompson as Venom. His internal monologues make me smile. "Captain's Log, Stardate blah-blah-blah" is how he enters this issue. He is trapped on a....err...space ship? In the Microverse talking to the Enigma Force. He learns a little bit as to why he is there and what is happening in the Microverse. 

Kaine, the Scarlet Spider, is busy fighting a giant alien thing which he takes care of before he gets to know the Redeemer a little bit. He continues his travels with him only to end the issue running into Carnage...leads to an interesting Scarlet Spider issue coming soon.

As for Venom...well he is in the middle of a space battle and once again showing a lack of control over his suit...this series is one of the first times where it makes it hard not to wonder if Flash is going to end up going down the same path as Eddie Brock. Oh man, I hope not.

All in all, I am starting to enjoy Minimum Carnage. It started out a little shakey but I am excited for the remaining three issues if they are going to keep the pace that this comic started. I can only hope it doesn't let me down like AvX...at least this is only six issues...not the 70+ that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment