Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hawkeye #3

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: David Aja
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Letter: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price:$2.99
Release Date: October 17th, 2012

"Cherry"

Before I even get into this comic I have to say this. If you are not reading this book and you enjoy comics WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Go to your comic shop, find this issue and any back issues if you are able and get them. Seriously.....I'll wait....
Okay, you have them? Good....moving on. Three months in a row Matt Fraction has not let me down. This little action packed comic makes me smile so broadly that I feel like a little kid again. This is what a comic is supposed to be. There are levels of humor mixed with action and human emotion that blend together into a piece of art. 

This particular issue deals with Clint Barton trying to organize his arrows with Kate Bishop. Sounds boring right? It isn't...see...they don't get time to finish sorting them because Clint has the worst luck. The fact that he happened to not have tape to label his nocks leads him onto the street where he tries to purchase a car. From there the excitement ensues.

Here comes my one issue with the comic. So far it has been unclear as to if Clint is with Jessica in this series and we get an idea that he may not be. I know this is a stand-alone series but that makes me a little sad. Oh well, small grief with something so great.

I don't want to get into too many details other than the basic synopsis because you really should be reading this book. The addition of Kate Bishop since issue #2 has added a level of comedy to it that I didn't think possible. So, if you haven't caught on yet, BUY THIS COMIC. That's all I've got to say about that....

1 comment:

  1. Yeah it was really great.. I'm loving this series already. But I am sad that Clint seems to be single her... I was really hoping to see Jessica in this book since she gets hardly anything to do in the avenger books :(

    Kate is really awesome though..

    ReplyDelete