Saturday, October 27, 2012

AvX:Consequences #3

Script: Kieron Gillen
Pencils: Scot Eaton
Inks: Andrew Hennessy
Colors: Jim Charalampidis
Letters: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 24th, 2012

Although this issues still focuses heavily on Scott Summers, we are finally starting to see a little more of other people after the battle. Iron Man feel responsible for the damage in K'un-Lun but is told to worry about his own damage and assess himself. Emma Frost and Kitty Pride have a nice little conversation and it seems Emma is really unhappy with Scott.There are members inside of the Avengers who are not trusting Wolverine as much as they once did. Magik turned the location of her brother over to Storm and lastly, we finally get to see a little of Hope.

Hope's section was the most interesting to me. She is going to a normal school, blending in and trying to be normal. Of course, this doesn't sit well for her and now she is off on a mission to find Cable. I hope that it will tie into Cable and the X-Force that is coming soon OR that it is focused in the next two issues of this book.

On to the main focus, Scott Summers. He does defend himself in jail showing his ability in hand to hand combat and seems to be gaining a follower in his roommate. The only really interesting part is he pours a sugar packet on the floor and has a conversation with someone. I am trying to figure out if it is somehow Emma Frost and that she is pretending to hate him, Rachel Summers or someone else entirely. If anyone has a guess, I'd love to hear it.

So far, this was the best issue from the bunch. I didn't set it down completely angry that I spent the money on it. Hopefully the remaining two issues are as good if not better.

1 comment:

  1. It seems I missed something on my first read through. I believe Scott is communicating with Magik through the writing on the floor. I didn't see him draw a magic sigil on the ground...no idea how I missed that. So, my money is on him chatting it up with Magik...anyone have a different theory?

    ReplyDelete