Saturday, October 27, 2012

AvX: A-Babies vs X-Babies #1

Before I even put the people involved in this comic down I want to state that I am just writing it the way it is in the comic. It is silly (as is the whole issue) so please chuckle along.

Big Boy Words: Skottie Young
Pretty Picture: Gurihiru
Alphabet: Clayton Cowles
Babysitter: Tom Brennan
Executive Babysitter: Tom Brevoort
Babysitter in Chiefer: Alex Alonso
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: October 24th, 2012

Oh Marvel Babies...they are too cute. I don't call many things cute either. I honestly picked this issue up to one, round out my AvX collection and two, to laugh...a lot. I was not let down. The battle in this book revolved around the fact that baby Scott Summers stole baby Captain America's Bucky Bear. It is good to see even the baby version of Scott is a douche.

There are plenty of jokes thrown in this book and every moment is incredibly colorful and tongue in cheek. There is a great spread in the middle of the book of all of the baby versions of super heroes fighting one another...Gambit is doing a pick a card trick, Hawkeye is shooting suction cup arrows and Quicksilver is running away. There is also a great moment when Hulk busts into a room to fight Wolverine where there are alphabet blocks flying in the air spelling out "Smash".

As I said, this is obviously nothing that is needed but if you want a good laugh, don't mind silly drawings and seeing Galactus using the moon as a baby bottle, this is totally worth the $2.99 cover price.

No comments:

Post a Comment