Monday, October 1, 2012

X-Men Legacy #274

Writer: Christos Gage
Penciler: David Baldeon
Inker: Jordi Tarragona
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: VC's Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 26th, 2012

This comic is catching a lot of heat out there in the internet world for being weak. The fact that it focuses on two of the world's most powerful mutants and that they struggle to save a few people from a subway wreck really humanizes them and makes me like them more. I don't think it weakens the story telling, I think it makes it feel real.

I have always like Magneto and I have gained a new love for Rogue after reading X-Men Legacy for a while now and I like the decision that she makes in this issue. I like that Gage is closing this series so neatly and is setting us up for Uncanny Avengers that is coming out later this month. I will definitely miss this title, but it is nice to see it go out in this way. Nothing too epic, nothing too blood drenched, just decisions made by people who have truly grown over the years.

I don't want to rate this issue. I think it is quite good and if you like Rogue and Magneto, especially if you like their relationship, you should read it. If you could care less or think that if people that powerful struggling with helping a single person is stupid, stay away from this issue. Happy reading comic fans...enjoy your last two issues of X-Men Legacy, something new will replace it, but it will always have a warm spot in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment