Monday, October 1, 2012

Wolverine and the X-Men #17

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Michael Allred
Colorist: Laura Allred
Letterer: VC's Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 26th, 2012

"Wolverine's Secret Weapon"

Oh Doop...how badass you are? Is that what I am supposed to take away from this? That Doop is scary? That he is weird? That he is...Doop? I guess it doesn't really matter...at least I know what he is doing at Wolverine's school...

I guess that came out bad...in reality I really enjoyed this issue. It is nice to see a break from the blastfest that is Avengers vs X-Men and to see that there is definitely life after the battle. Doop is in the school as a defender...a person who will do things that no other X-Man would be willing to do. Wolverine knows this and keeps him on staff to do exactly that...keep the bad stuff quiet and taken care of.

I liked the Howard the Duck cameo as well as the random Nazi bowling league moment. Every once in a while it is cool to see an issue of a great comic that takes a beat from the action and just lets you smile. I also think it is cool to take the time and translate what Doop is saying. If you are interested in doing that you can go to the translator here and translate the issue. If you are lazy or just don't want to waste the time here are the translations.

Cover: If you think this is ridiculous, just wait’ll you see what happens on the inside.

1. I think I’m good right where I’m at. Too bad you didn’t ask back when being an X-Man still meant something.

2. Suit yourself.

3. Hmm….. I’m thinking about it.

4. We’ll talk more after you’re done.

5. Okay. You win. I’m yours.

6. Who…

7.  You can say that again.

8.  If you insist.

9. Kill them all. Or die trying.

I am pretty sure that covers it. Although there was light action in this book and there was no actual progression to the story of Wolverine and the X-Men it was a fun issue to read. I give it an 8/10...give it a read people...

No comments:

Post a Comment