Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wolverine and the X-Men #18

Writer: Jason Aaron
Penciler: Jorge Molina
Inker: Norman Lee
Colorists: Morry Hollowell &Rachel Rosenberg
Letters: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 10th, 2012

"Dance Like There's No Tomorrow"

I truly hope this is the last AvX "tie-in". To be fair, the majority of the reason why this is considered to be so is because the final battle is going on during the issue and they notice the death of Xavier on Cerebra and the appearance of new mutants at a time that they didn't notice a different one vanish (I won't ruin who...)
Regardless of its not so important ties to AvX, I truly enjoyed this issue as I do all issues of Wolverine and the X-Men. Jason Aaron really captures how teenagers act as well as the adult uncertainty of everything that is going on around them. It is still unclear as to what exactly is going to happen at the school after everything settles down such as who will actually be teaching there and who all will be attending. It is, however, clear that there will be one less teacher and it seems one less student after the end of this issue.

Also, the appearance of the Hellfire Club is becoming more prominent and they will definitely become a major focus in the coming issues. I am not sure what they are up to...but it is something really bad. Also, I can't let you guys down so I translated the one panel of Doop speak while he is talking to Warbird:

"You know. My wounds have healed from the last time."...kinky...I think.

Anyhow, this was a strong issue and it is painting the path for what is to come. I am still standing by that this is one of my favorite comics at print.

No comments:

Post a Comment